Artificial Intelligence…the end of the world as we know it? Maybe!
I have little intention of using this wonderful invention.
What are my reasons?
I have several:
- A sense of unease. Could this be used for political gains or social manipulation?
- I have heard that it is not trustworthy – it makes up what it doesn’t know.
- I dislike cheating.
- A fault of mine is resistance to change – often to my own detriment.
- I fear that Artificial Intelligence will lead to de-evolution of our brains.
- We will not need to think for ourselves – imagination a thing of the past
- Our current call for diversity will be lost amidst the fog of standardisation
- And one huge personal reason! Read on.
Yes, I am a bit of a technophobe…I was happy enough with pen and paper. Then much to my surprise, I began to prefer writing electronically. I admit I was wrong, although my handwriting has suffered.
And yes, lesser forms of AI have existed for decades. But what is exploding into our lives right now is more powerful and invasive than any predecessor.
Oh- and yea- I like science fiction movies! Many of those paint a dark future with “Human versus Machine” wars so perhaps I am pre-programmed to be wary of “the machines”.
Programmed?Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence – The End Of The World?”